THE SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE LOCAL DENTAL COMMITTEE
Peer Review for the Dental Team: National Toolkit
The Shropshire and Staffordshire Local Dental Network are delighted to present the national peer review toolkit for the dental team. The purpose of this toolkit is to:
- Facilitate the establishment of peer review groups;
- Encourage participation of all dental professionals in peer review;
- Support group facilitators in conducting meetings appropriately;
- Provide the required documentation for creating a peer review group;
- Provide peer review groups with bespoke meeting templates for a range of dental subspecialties; and
- Set the minimum standards that would have to be met to enable payment of funds to peer review
We hope that this toolkit will serve as a useful guide for NHS and private dental practices, community dental services, secure settings, secondary care providers and any member of the dental team intending to start a peer review group.
- Peer Review for the Dental Team: National Toolkit (PDF) – provides a comprehensive background and guidance to peer review, including how an organisation can fund peer review and how dental professionals can start a peer review group.
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF) – provides a summary of the full guidance that aims to inform dental professionals of the key recommendations for conducting peer review.
- Resources (Doc) – provides all the resources required to participate in peer review, in an editable format.
- Promotional poster
- How to set up a funded scheme
- How to set up a peer review group
- Facilitator training – A peer review group facilitator should have appropriate training in facilitating meetings. You can watch the free webinar below which provides basic training for aspiring facilitators.
- Webinar: Peer Review for the Dental Team Facilitator Training
- Channel: Local Dental Network
A verifiable CPD certificate can be issued once the webinar has been viewed in its entirety. Contact Hassan-Ali Ismail (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will send you a series of CPD questions and a feedback evaluation form. Certificates will be emailed to learners following completion of both the CPD questions and feedback evaluation form.